- This event has passed.
CATHARTIC CREATIVITY GROUP
August 16 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
This gathering promotes a paradigm of connecting and exploring our emotional landscape in relation to the self and personal truths. Through intersectional and multimodal group exercises, we will tap into our creative process as a form of empathic dialogue.
The workshop will move through intimately evolving exercises rooted in ritual, mindfulness, physical movement, storytelling, and visual arts/crafts.
Themes: intuition, free expression, humor, empathy, mutual aid, listening and connection.
Orientation: The workshop is rooted in social constructivist and narrative approaches to the EXA scaffolding of interventions. We will be incorporating a multi-tier arts intervention for participants to explore at their own level of comfort and desired means of expression.
Opening: establishing group dynamics:
1) safety and playful curiosity
2) intention to do do harm
3) honoring personal process
4) participation and presence
5) unconditional positive regard toward self and others
- Warming in: grounding/check in/movement/release/intention setting
- Experiential: story sharing/ EXA intervention/ individual and collaborative process
- Closing: ritual honoring of process and work that has been done. 1) recognition of confidentiality and group process 2) check in/out 3) reminder of intention to do no harm 4) offering personal 1-1 processing if necessary 5) honoring sacredness of work with unconditional positive regard towards self and others
The group is ritualized through mindfulness, music, some dance/movements, and a craft/visual art project. Participants are guided into communication of the soul-mind-body connection.
The experientials will uphold a trauma informed, playful and expressive standard of group dynamics. This group is designed to be inclusive and provide a holistic approach where participants may find a more harmonious process for self expression and the emotional language of the healing journey.